Thursday, July 14, 2011

29mph over speeding ticket in Garrett County, Maryland?

I was caught going 94 in a 65 in Garrett County, Maryland. If it were 84 in a 55, I would get a 160$ fine and only 2 points, but because the speed limit was over 65mph, I am facing $290 ticket and 5 points. I have the option of paying the fine and accepting the points, requesting a waiver hearing or requesting a trial. Should I request the hearing or the trial? I know that I am guilty, but I just want the points and fine lowered. The only thing is that I won't be around at all because I go to school out of state, and it would be expensive for me to travel back for court. What is my best option? Please only answer if you have similar experience (going 20-29mph over in 65+speed limit zone) or are a cop or lawyer. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment